If you are a personal friend of mine, you know that Thomas and I are huge fans of Wayfair. We have purchased many furniture items from them for a fraction of the retail price. And yes, the shipping really is free!
I thought it would be fun, with the holiday quickly approaching to do a short piece on Valentines Day, date nights at home, and some cute transitional decor pieces that you can use year round. Hopefully, this post will inspire you to keep the romance alive, stress less, find great decor, and even save you time and money.
Date Night In
As you know, parents don’t usually get a night off very often. So, date nights at home have become our personal go to. Here’s a few fun ideas for a great last minute date night in–Valentines Day or otherwise. And they are all something we personally love doing when we get an evening to ourselves, after the kiddo goes to bed!
- Game Night. Get the competitive edge going by playing your favorite board game or a few rounds of cards. Add some snacks and drinks to keep the fun rolling.
- A Romantic Movie Night. Make some gourmet popcorn, grab a cozy blanket to share, and your favorite bottle of wine.
- Pillow Fort Camp Out. This is fun and a little bit silly. But it was one of the most memorable date nights we did when we were first married. We made a huge blanket fort in the living room, grabbing all the pillows we had. Thomas and I spent the evening laughing, talking about our biggest dreams, and snuggling amongst the pillows.
- Recreate your first date, at home. For us? We met in a Barnes and Noble parking lot (yes, there is a story there), ate a magnificent Italian dinner, grabbed coffee, and walked along a lake on a cold December evening. So to recreate, we’d cook some pasta, make a cup of homemade espresso, and gaze at the stars snuggling under a blanket on the back porch.
- Surprise Your Spouse. I think the element of surprise is one puzzle piece that keeps a marriage fresh, exciting, and vibrant. Surprise your spouse with a basket full of their favorite things for a romantic night in. Keep it hidden and simply say, “We’re going to do something different tonight. Go grab that basket over there.” Some ideas for basket items are: candles, massage lotions, their favorite book, a cozy customized throw pillow, or their favorite snack. Add a romantic love note for an added bonus.
When planning your “date night in,’ don’t forget to do a little decorating for the occasion. I’ve included some beautiful decor pieces that you can find at Wayfair.
I’ve never been one to decorate specifically for Valentines Day… However, now that we have a little one, I think decorating for holidays has become a bit more exciting. Sticking to frugal living, I am still not one to drop hundreds of dollars for decor pieces that I will only have up for a few days. So, I’ve mastered what I call transitional decor; pieces I can use all season long or into the next season. Here are a few pieces I think would be easy transition pieces into Easter, spring, and possibly summer. Take a peek!
Here’s a quick reference to all my favorite Wayfair items for a cozy date night in and transitional decor.
I hope this is helpful as you plan your Valentine’s Day with your significant other, friends, or family. I think all these pieces make for great gifts, inexpensive decor, and pieces that you can use all year round. As always make today beautiful. Be sure to follow me for more ideas by subscribing to this website, following me on Instagram, and my Pinterest!